Dr. Daniel Biggs
Dip. Sports Med.
Dr. Biggs’s major focus is on arthroscopic shoulder and knee reconstructions. He is involved in clinical based research in these areas. His publications in the Orthopaedic literature reflect his special interest in minimally invasive surgeries of the shoulder and knee.
My particular areas of interest and expertise include the following arthroscopic techniques:
- ACL Reconstructions
- Meniscal repair
- Cartilage resurfacing
- Reconstruction of the dislocating shoulder
- Rotator cuff repair
I am also experienced in joint replacement surgery of the shoulder and knee.
Dr. Biggs finished his medical degree at the University of Sydney in 1982. He completed the orthopaedic training scheme in Sydney in 1992. He continued his training with fellowships in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine in Perth, Australia and in Toronto, Canada.
University of Sydney (1982)
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery M.B.B.S., (1982)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons F.R.A.C.S. (Orthopaedics)
- Dip. Sports Medicine (London, UK)
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Orthopaedic Surgery of the knee and shoulder
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- Society of Shoulder & Elbow Surgery of Australia (SESA )
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ASOS)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
Current Appointments ( Public Hospital )
- Visiting Medical Officer (Orthopaedic Surgeon)
- Blacktown / Mt Druitt Public Hospital
Private Hospital Visiting Rights
- Westmead Private Hospital
- Hills Private Hospital
- St. George Private Hospital
- Castle Hill Day Surgery
- Prince Of Wales Private Hospital